Who we did it for:
Why we did it:
Lucky enough to design for one of our own, we designed a straw bale insulated home for Tracy and her family. One of Tracy’s goals was to show her kids that design doesn’t have to be ‘conventional’. She also wanted to experience building with a sustainable, highly effective material that is abundant on the prairies.
Here is where S3 really dug their heels into sustainable design.
What we did:
- Established the clients’ wants and needs (programming)
- Research into straw bale benefits and construction methods
- Architectural Design (the exterior shell)
- Interior Space Planning, Millwork & Detailing
- Lighting Design
- Finish & Fixture Specifications
- Furniture Layouts
- Construction management
- Put in a ton of elbow grease building this home!